I WAS A 70’S BLOGGER

Somewhere, I bet, in your home, garage or basement…is a box.  A box of things from your past, collecting dust, until such time you move where it will then be relocated to a different spot from which to be ignored.  While packing to move a few months ago I came across my box, and since I would never pass up a chance to procrastinate, I decided to peruse through it.  I found some pretty cool things in there….the Raggedy Ann and Raggedy Andy dolls my grandmother knitted me, my first teddy bear (completely hairless with a single eye looking like it had been through an apocalypse), my collection of Archie comic books (note: check eBay to see if I’m rich).  But mostly in that box, was writing.  Hundreds of notes, letters, diary entries….apparently I didn’t start blogging last year, I started when I was like six.  So thanks, mom, for saving everything I ever wrote, cause I was really stuck on what to do for my next blog post.

Diary3

Hey little brother…I’m still waiting for an apology.

Diary4

Mom, you’re always harping on me for having laundry everywhere…well, look who was backed up on laundry in 1979!  So much so that your kid had a write you a letter about it.

IMG_1080

Wow…I totally forgot about my ESP.  Yes, there was actually about a three year period of my childhood when I fully believed I was the original Long Island Medium.  This is only funny if you know that I actually lived on Long Island.

Diary1

Geez…don’t remember being such a Negative Nellie.

Diary2

Ok, that takes Negative Nellie to a whole new level.  I sure hope Rachel, Pam S. and Mrs. Wade don’t read my blog.  Yikes!

negativenellie

7 comments on “I WAS A 70’S BLOGGER

1. Robin says:

That is too funny. Mrs. Wade…. I totally remember her. Your musings always put a smile on my face. Xo

2. robyn p. says:

I’m pretty sure I had the same Snoopy diary as you, I bet I still have it in my “box”. Who knows maybe you gave it to me.

3. Fran Collica says:

Your brother is a bully. He better apologize to you. Love you.

4. Jennifer Beckelman says:

Always makes me laugh. No notes about smelling your hands? I want to see that in a blog somewhere! Love the laundry note.

5. MOM says:

Can’t believe I was slacking on the laundry; I was probably making a point and when on strike! Maybe you should try that; then you might get some help!

Love the notes from those early childhood years! I love that you expressed your feelings; very healthy!

And your brother NEVER hit you for no reason! You must have done something to piss him off😜

Keep writing; you are very talented and now we have proof that it started at a very young age👍

6. Catherine says:

Going down memory lane, the best! 🙂 As a 70’s blogger, truly one of the best memory lane trips ever!! Your blog posts are all so enjoyable to read, such great blogging! 🙂

7. Tammy palmer says:

I am laughing hysterically at Jennifer’s post about you smelling your hands!!!! Totally forgot about that. These trips down memory lane crack me up.