“Where DOES The Other Sock Go?” And A Few More Things I’d Like To Know

1.  The lyrics to Yellow Ledbetter by Pearl Jam.  Eddie Vedder…you’re amazing and all but I’ve heard that song countless times since 1992, and I still don’t know WTF you are saying.  Just listen for like, 20 seconds…..

See what I mean?  That song totally cramps my car karaoke jam, it’s much harder to annoy my children when I’m just mumbling nonsense the whole time.

2.  Boy or turtle?  A many years long, great debate in my family.  I mean, clearly, it’s a turtle.

Slow Caution Danger Sign

3.  Where DOES the other sock go?  It’s pretty much my goal in life to unload the whites from the dryer and have them all match up, just once.  It will probably never happen, but a girl can dream, right?

4.  How is it that I have a degree from UCSD but I can’t help my kid with 4th grade math homework??  I mean, I can figure out the answers, but according to my daughter, “THAT IS NOT THE WAY WE LEARNED IT AT SCHOOL!!  YOU’RE DOING IT ALL WRONG!!”

Image result for common core word problem funny

5.  How can an egg roll possibly retain heat for so long?  I make like four attempts to eat it and I get screwed every time.  I’m like a dog that gets shocked but I just keep comin’ back for more.

Homemade Chinese Vegetable EggRolls

TRICKY LITTLE BUGGERS

6.  That Meat Loaf song, “I would do anything for love (but I won’t do that).”  I know every single word to that song but for the life of me I can’t figure out what “that” is.  Please, somebody tell me…what won’t he do???  This is the crap that keeps me up at night.

meatloaf

7.  How is yawning contagious?  I bet you yawned reading that, didn’t you?  Want to see if someone you know is a psychopath?  Yawn in front of them.  People high in psychopathic personality traits often don’t “catch” the contagious yawn, because they are lacking in empathy.  Just learned that today.  MIND. BLOWN.  And I yawned like six times while writing this so I am totally not a psychopath, just in case you’ve ever wondered.

8.  Why and OMG WHY???  Nobody should eat their breakfast on a stick.  NOBODY.  (For some reason, I imagine myself saying that with a thick Italian accent.  Probably because if my Italian ancestors saw the kind of crap Americans deem “food”, they would die).

IMG_1084

pancakestick

Anyway, those are just a few of the things I ponder during my morning shower.  Thanks for listening.  How about you…what are some things you would like to know?  Feel free to share in the comments!

10 comments on ““Where DOES The Other Sock Go?” And A Few More Things I’d Like To Know

1. Barbara says:

Keep it up J. Love reading what’s on your brain.

2. Scott Schultz says:

Janine, great work once again. I have one for you. This pondering of mine is probably only relevant to me or those in the fire service. Why and the heck can’t people follow one of the most basic rules of the road? If you see an emergency vehicle approaching, pull to the right and stop. Don’t try and out run us. Don’t just slam on your brakes and think a 45,000 pound commercial truck is going to react like a Ferrari and steer around you with finesse and grace of Mario Andretti. Don’t try and slip into the left turn pocket and hide, cuz we’re probably going to need that turn lane to pass the other cars trying to pull to the right. Don’t surf our wake like a dolphine does a boat. We need 300 feet behind us too. Sorry to rant, I’ve had so many close calls with idiots on the road.

• janene says:

Thanks, Scott! I don’t blame you for ranting….that is unbelievable that people would mess around with emergency vehicles! So sorry you have to deal with that and thank you for all that you do!

3. Fran Collica says:

As usual, you are right on.❤️👍🏻

4. Marci Collins says:

Im pondering the fact right now that someone who secretly hates football players came up with the Thursday Rush colors uniforms to totally embarrass said players..I think they REALLY hate the Seahawks as their uniforms look like Telletubbies with binkies…….

5. carmen says:

I love your view on life’s bizarrities, you make me giggle:)